Can Your Roof Stand Up to Autumn’s Wicked Winds?
Can Your Roof Stand Up To Autumn’s Wicked Winds?
Don’t let wind uplift ruin your roof
Autumn in the Midwest is well-known for its blustery, crisp days. Wind uplift is a very common occurrence among shingle roofs, and it can also affect membrane and metal roofing systems. As the roof ages, it becomes more of a concern that termination points may be deteriorating. This allows strong winds to creep under the roofing system and pull it right off the decking. Additionally, if the roof edges aren’t tacked down properly, wind damage is more likely to occur.
Strong winds turn nature against your roof
Although a nice refreshing breeze is a welcome change from the heat of summer, too much wind can damage your roof. Strong winds pick up and carry things such as tree branches and debris, which can puncture or damage a roofing system. It’s advised to inspect your roof after any storms or wind events. Depending on the severity of the wind and the integrity of your roof, anything from one shingle to a whole sheet of the membrane could be lost due to high winds.
Call Us To Inspect Your Roof If You Suspect:
- Branches on your roof
- Metal edging appears loose
- Powerful winds shifted your roofing membrane
- The age of your roof makes it susceptible to deterioration
Could high winds damage your roof?
To help your roof age well, try to keep your yard clear of debris. Trim trees to prevent damage too. Dead limbs, tree branches touching your roof, or trees that hang over your roof are potential culprits.
Not sure if your roof is at risk of wind damage? Don’t risk your safety going on the roof to check. Call the professionals of Great Lakes Roofing Corporation at 800-871-5151.
Check Out Our Blog!
- Supplies Drive for Camp Hometown HeroesParticipate in the supplies drive today and learn how you can support this niche summer camp.
- Turkey Donations 2022Street Angels is 100% community funded through fundraisers, private donations, philanthropic grants and corporate sponsorships.
- First SnowWhat effect do the freezing temps have on your roof? Small cracks and holes can become big leaks and repairs – be on the look out!
- New OwnershipAnnouncing New Ownership, Chris Lampien will continue to lead GLRC.
- Camp American Legion 2022 Helping HandsCamp American Legion, a beloved Northwoods cabin retreat, received four new roofs through our Helping Hands program.